If you are looking for a healthy festive snack to take to a party (think school, office, friends, or your own party) we have got you covered. Drumroll….. the Spectacular DIY Fruit Christmas Tree and Wreath.
They are the perfect centerpieces for any upcoming holiday party. All you need half an hour, a bunch of toothpicks and a good assortment of fruit.
A few of our Healthy Mummy mums share their SPECTACULAR Fruit Christmas Tree and Fruit Wreath creations below and details how you can make them too.
DIY Fruit Christmas Tree
Samantha Roberts says “My daughters end of year class Christmas party is today, and we were asked to bring a snack, so I decided to make a healthy Christmas Tree!
It took around half an hour, and about 100 toothpicks!
The base of the “tree” is made from a pineapple and two pears”.
What you will need
1 x pineapple
1 – 2 x pears
Fruit of your choice (mandarines, grapes, and blueberries, raspberries, watermelon, strawberries or kiwi fruit).
How to make
Method 1 – fruit centre
- Slice top and bottom off pineapple then cut a thin slice from the top.
- Press a star-shaped cookie cutter into the center of the thin slice then set star aside.
- Slice a little off the sides of the pineapple at an angle to create a cone shape.
- Push the bamboo skewer through the center, then skewer the pear on top, leaving the top of the skewer uncovered (you’ll skewer the star on top at the end.)
- Place pineapple onto a serving tray then insert toothpicks around pineapple and pear at a slight angle, breaking a little off if necessary, then add fruit. (I found it easier to place most of the bigger fruit first then fill in with the smaller fruit like grapes).
- Add the pineapple star to the top of the skewer then serve.