If you want to save time on making a family friendly lasagne, this stovetop method is perfect.
28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Ashley McInnes has shared her family recipe with us today, and we think it looks FANTASTIC!
The whole thing is cooked on the stovetop which means you don’t even need to turn the oven on.
- 1 brown onion
- 500 grams lean beef mince
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped finely
- 300 mls canned condensed tomato soup
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (15ml)
- 1/2 cup water (125ml)
- 3 lasagne sheets
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp wholemeal flour
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- First make the béchamel sauce. Add butter into saucepan and melt, then add flour and whisk until combined.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking to remove any lumps. Return to low heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until it thickens. Once thickened stir through the Parmesan. Set aside.
- Heat a large frypan and spray with cooking spray. Sauté the onion, then add mince, using a wooden spoon to remove lumps as it cooks. Add herbs and garlic.
- Add courgette, carrot and mushrooms and stir through.
- Add tomato paste, soup, water, can of tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Break up the lasagne sheets roughly into bite sized pieces and add to pan. Ensure they are covered in sauce, then put lid on the pan and simmer until lasagne sheets are cooked.
- Spoon béchamel sauce and grated cheese over top, add lid again for a few minutes until cheese is melted then serve.
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.