Biscuit lovers rejoice! You can have your err, biscuit, and eat it too….
For those of you who aren’t aware, Biscoff biccies began in 1932 and they are a caramelised biscuit made from natural ingredients. Better still, they are only 38 calories per biscuit and 88 calories per tablespoon of Biscoff spread!
However, while we don’t recommend eating a whole pack of these biscuits in one sitting, our motto at The Healthy Mummy is ‘everything in moderation’!
3 yummy Biscoff biscuit recipes
Biscoff Banana Lava Porridge
This is a SUPER filling and absolutely delicious recipe, we can’t rave about it enough.
Perfect hit for those with a sweet tooth! This breakfast delight calls for minimal ingredients that all come together with a bang and the best part, it’s a one ramekin dish with no stove top needed.
Oats are a fibre full gluten free whole grain that have many healthy benefits. Adding the banana on top makes this extra filling and nutritionally appealing!
You certainly won’t feel like you are missing out with this Biscoff recipe.
- 1/2 quick cup oats
- 1 tbs Biscoff
- 1 tsp vanilla essense
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup water or milk
- ½ banana – sliced
- Combine oats, water, salt and vanilla into a microwave safe bowl and mix well
- Add 1 tablespoon of Biscoff to the centre and fold the oats in around it
- Pop into the microwave for 1 min – depending on your microwave it may need an extra 20-30 seconds
- Top with banana and enjoy!
See how to make it here
2 Ingredient Salted Biscoff Cups
- 200 grams dark chocolate – melted
- Jar of Biscoff Spread
- Pinch of salt
- Melt your chocolate by preferred method and stir in a pinch of salt.
- Using a mini silicone tray (with holes about the size of 50 cent pieces) and coat the bottom and sides of 18 holes – This takes up about 1 -1.5 teaspoons of melted chocolate. The best method for this is just using your first finger in circular motions to make sure everywhere is coated.
- Pop into the freezer for 10 minutes until the chocolate is set.
- Take it out of the freezer and add 1 teaspoon of Biscoff spread, making sure you spread it out into the cups so it sits flat.
- Top each one fully with the rest of the chocolate.
- Pop into the freezer for a further 10 minutes so the top sets – store in the fridge.
See how to make them here
Gooey Centre Biscoff Mug Cake
- 2 tbs wholemeal Self raising flour – 32 grams
- 2tbs milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Biscoff
- 1 lotus biscuit – crushed
- Combine all dry ingredients into a microwave safe mug and mix WELL
- Add milk to the dry ingredients and mix WELL, almost in a whisking motion using a fork
- Once the batter has formed and is fully mixed – Add 1 teaspoon of biscoff spread to the centre and fold the batter in around it
- Microwave for 50 sec
See how to make them here!
Want more Healthy dessert recipes like these? Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
This recipe from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and is a yummy example of just SOME of the delicious, healthy and easy to make snacks and meals you can tuck in to.
With over 5,000 recipes to choose from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge helps you eat well (and deliciously) with ease and while losing weight start your Healthy Mummy Journey today.
You can learn more about our Challenge HERE.