These banana, berry & yogurt muffins from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge fit the bill perfectly and are ideal to grab when you’re on the way out the door of a morning.
Think of them as the perfect, nutritious on-the-go brekky!
- 2 cups buckwheat flour (you could also use wholemeal or spelt flour) (240g)
- 1 cup rolled oats (100g)
- 4 tbsp honey (60ml)
- 2 eggs (100g)
- 3/4 cup natural or Greek style low fat yogurt (180g)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (180g)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries (120g)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (125ml)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (optional) (24g)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (1g)
- 1/2 tsp natural vanilla essence (2.5ml)
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda (1.25g)
- Olive oil or butter for greasing the muffin tins
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and stir well
- In a smaller bowl, mix eggs, honey, olive oil, yogurt and vanilla
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well
- Add mashed banana and berries and gently fold through (it’s ok if the mixture is a little lumpy)
- Use olive oil or butter to grease the cups of a muffin tray
- Spoon mixture into the prepared tray
- Place in the oven and allow to cook for 20-30 minutes
- Test that they are fully cooked by gently inserting a skewer into one of the muffins before removing from the oven.
Recipe makes 12 muffins at 124 calories each.