These banana, berry & yogurt muffins from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge fit the bill perfectly and are ideal to grab when you’re on the way out the door of a morning.
Think of them as the perfect, nutritious on-the-go brekky!
- 2 cups buckwheat flour (you could also use wholemeal or spelt flour) (240g)
- 1 cup rolled oats (100g)
- 4 tbsp honey (60ml)
- 2 eggs (100g)
- 3/4 cup natural or Greek style low fat yogurt (180g)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (180g)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries (120g)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (125ml)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (optional) (24g)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (1g)
- 1/2 tsp natural vanilla essence (2.5ml)
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda (1.25g)
- Olive oil or butter for greasing the muffin tins
Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and stir well
In a smaller bowl, mix eggs, honey, olive oil, yogurt and vanilla
Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well
Add mashed banana and berries and gently fold through (it’s ok if the mixture is a little lumpy)
Use olive oil or butter to grease the cups of a muffin tray
Spoon mixture into the prepared tray
Place in the oven and allow to cook for 20-30 minutes
Test that they are fully cooked by gently inserting a skewer into one of the muffins before removing from the oven.
Recipe makes 12 muffins at 124 calories each.