There’s nothing quite like enjoying a night off cooking and ordering in a takeaway. Unfortunately, many popular takeaway options aren’t always compatible with healthy eating.
Not so this super tasty Chinese Beef And Mange Tour Stir Fry. It may be low in calories, fat and sugar but it’s high in nutrients and deliciousness!
Quick and easy to prepare, you can have this ‘homemade takeaway’ on the table in less than 15 minutes. We reckon that’s faster than calling an order through to your local Chinese takeaway.
This Chinese Beef And Snow Pea Stir Fry is perfect when working towards your wellness goals or taking part in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Feel free to mix things up with this recipe and add any leftover vegetables you have knocking around in the crisper. You can also vary your carb and swap out the soba noodles for brown rice or quinoa. Make the recipe your own and enjoy with your family next Friday night.
- 200 g pack of soba noodles cooked according to packet instructions
- 1 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce (15ml)
- 2 tsp corn flour (5g)
- 500 g lean beef rump thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (15ml)
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger (16g)
- 1 small chilli seeds removed, chopped (10g)
- 2 cloves crushed garlic (6g)
- 2 cups mange tout (240g)
- 1/4 cup salt reduced vegetable or beef stock (60ml)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce (15ml)
- 1 tsp honey (5ml)
- 1/2 red pepper seeds removed, cut into thin slices (50g)
- 20g basil leaves
- Combine the beef, cornflour, honey, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil and set aside to marinate.
- Put the vegetable or peanut oil in a wok or large frypan and gently pan fry garlic.
- Add in the mange tout, chilli, ginger and stock (and any other vegetables you want to add) and heat through, keeping the mixture moving in the wok/fry-pan.
- Add in the sliced, marinated beef and cook through.
- Add in the cooked and drained soba noodles and toss to combine.
- Serve stir-fry topped with torn basil leaves.
Recipe serves 4 at 400 calories each.