As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge we have thousands of healthy recipes which show you that healthy foods for you AND your family don’t have to be boring.
We will show how you can be healthy, lose weight and still have treats and eat tasty foods.
And this yummy Chocolate Banana Loaf is a FAB treat to make for the whole family. It’s so much better for you than a store bought one – we hope you love this 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe as much as we do.
- 400 gram tin of coconut cream, chilled overnight in the fridge
- 125ml honey
- 120ml coconut oil
- 3 ripe bananas (270 grams)
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour (240 grams)
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking soda (3.8 grams)
- 1/2 cup cacao/cocoa powder (50 grams)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (60 grams)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (1 gram)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat milk of choice (62.5 mls)
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten (100 grams)
- 2 & 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (40 mls)
- Chill coconut cream in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 170C / gas mark 3. Grease and line a loaf tin.
- In a small saucepan over a low heat, melt honey and coconut oil. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Mash bananas and set aside.
- Place flour, baking soda, 1/3 cup of the cacao/cocoa powder, walnuts and cinnamon in a large bowl and whisk thoroughly. Make a well in the centre.
- Add milk and bananas to honey mixture and stir to combine. Pour into dry ingredients and mix well. Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in tin for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- To make frosting, carefully open the tin of coconut cream and scoop out the thick coconut cream from the top of the can (leave the thinner liquid in the bottom to use in a smoothie).
- Whisk cream with remaining cacao/cocoa powder and the maple syrup until smooth. Spread over loaf to serve.
Serving suggestion: top loaf with some sliced banana if desired.
Recipe serves 12 at 318 calories per serve
Want access to more healthy recipes?
Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. With over 4,000 recipes, 350 fat burning exercises and 24/7 support, The Healthy Mummy can help YOU hit your goal weight faster.
Our Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- New CHALLENGE THEME each month – so you’ll NEVER get bored
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!