On a cool evening there’s nothing better than some comfort food. And this chunky beef and vegetable pie is the PERFECT healthy comfort food!
Thanks so much Cassandra Wight for sending through your recipe!
We have SO many yummy pie recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge including Mexican Chicken Pie, Steak and Mushroom Pie, Shepherd’s Pie, or our Easy Spinach and Cheese Pie!
- 500 grams casserole steak, diced
- 2 carrots, diced (140g)
- 1 brown onion, diced (100g)
- 40ml olive oil
- 1 potato, diced (100g)
- 1 cup frozen peas (160g)
- 400g tinned tomatoes diced
- 150ml water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (3g)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (1g)
- 300g sweet potato, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
Heat half of the olive oil in large fry pan add beef and onions. Cook on high until browned, add garlic and paprika.
Place beef and onions into casserole dish and add tinned tomatoes, water, diced carrots and potato.
Cover with foil or lid and cook for 30 minutes.
Turn oven down to 120C / gas mark 0.5 and cook for a further 60 minutes.
Remove from oven and mix through the peas. Lay thinly sliced sweet potato on top of pie mix. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Return to oven on 160C / gas mark 3 for 30 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Recipe makes 5 serves at 305 calories per serve
For more healthy recipes join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Love the sound of this recipe and want to access to thousands and thousands more just like it (along with great exercise plans and 24/7 support)? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- New CHALLENGE THEME each month – so you’ll NEVER get bored
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
Find out more or join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today.