Easy courgette muffins
This is a great savoury muffin recipe, which is ideal for a snack on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
You could also add some salad on the side for a satisfying and healthy lunch.
What’s more, these are great for your child’s lunch box, and can also be baked as a slice as they freeze fantastically well.
- 1 ½ cups courgette, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 125 g tinned corn
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 10 g thinly sliced ham, chopped
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4. Lightly spray a 12 hole muffin tin with cooking oil spray.
- Cook the onion in a non stick fry pan. Allow to cool.
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin holes.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins are golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Great served hot or cold.Recipe serves 12 at 155 calories per serve.