Yes, that’s right: healthy doughnuts! This isn’t a sugar craving daydream. This is not a drill.
We’ve found a healthy recipe for doughnuts that are sweet, fluffy, in fact, they’re absolutely everything you could want from a normal doughnut – without the guilt!
The recipe is also free of eggs and dairy so it’s great for those with allergies.
Healthy mini doughnuts recipe
Where has this recipe been all our lives? Never mind they’re here now, that’s what matters. Top with a drizzle of choc, your favourite icing or just as they are!
Yes, we should all be eating more ‘hole’ foods! You’ll need a doughnut maker for this recipe (or you can buy doughnut baking tins now – who knew?!).
- 2 cups self raising flour (240g)
- 1 tsp baking soda (2.5g)
- ½ tsp salt (0.5g)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar (144g)
- 5 tbsp coconut oil (75ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5ml)
- 1 tsp white vinegar (5ml)
- 1 cup water (250ml)
- natural sprinkles, to decorate
Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl
Make 3 holes in mix, 2 smaller and 1 larger. Put vanilla and vinegar in smaller holes and oil in larger hole.
Pour the water over the top and mix all together well, making sure to mix all the flour mixture in.
Spoon small spoonfuls of mix into a lightly sprayed doughnut maker and cook until golden brown.
Serve as you like them – with a drizzle of choc, natural sprinkles, a dusting of cinnamon, or just eat them plain!
Lose weight on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
If you want to improve your overall health and wellbeing but don’t have the budget for a gym membership or fancy pre-made healthy meals – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To learn more about our 28 DAY WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE CLICK HERE