This delicious recipe was created by one of the lovely mums in our Healthy Mummy community, Shelley.
It’s been so popular, and so many of you have been asking for the recipe that we had to try it to see what all the fuss was about.
The verdict: WE LOVED THEM!
And it seems that you all did too! This simple recipe is 100% customisable too – use whatever leftover vegetables you have from last night’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge dinner for a super simple supper that the whole family will love.
Add some ham, bacon or cooked chicken if you want some meat in there. Throw in some fresh herbs – anything goes!
- 8 mini stand and stuff soft taco boats (300g)
- 4 eggs (200g)
- 2 tbsp thick cream (30ml)
- 1 cup baby leaf spinach (30g)
- 1 tsp olive oil (5ml)
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped (100g)
- 1 leek, finely diced (80g)
- 4 button mushrooms, chopped (30g)
- 1 cup broccoli florets (100g)
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- Place 8 boats on a baking paper lined tray and set aside.
- Lightly steam broccoli.
- Saute the leek in a small splash of olive oil until it becomes soft. Add onion and mushroom and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for 1 minute or until spinach is wilted.
- Place equal amounts of vegetable mix and broccoli in boats.
- Mix eggs and cream together and pour over top of veggies.
- Bake in oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until egg mix has risen and is firm to the touch.
Recipe serves 4 people, 2 boats per person, at 216 calories per serve.