This recipe is ideal for cooler days, when all you want is something warm and slow cooked. Tender chicken and full of delicious Asian flavours, this chicken dish is a winner.
Best of all it’s only 320 per serve INCLUDING the rice, making it idea if you’re following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 500g chicken breasts
- 1/2 onion, diced (50g)
- 1/3 cup tamari (gluten free soy sauce) (83ml)
- 1/3 cup honey (83ml)
- 1/2 cup water (125ml)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (6g)
- 1 tsp minced ginger (4g)
- Juice of a small lime (20ml)
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice (160g)
- 1 tbsp cornflour, (10g) mixed with a little water
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (16g)
- 1/2 spring onion (7g)
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker. Top with diced onion.
- Mix tamari, honey, water, ginger, garlic and lime juice together and pour over the chicken and onion.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 6-7 hours or until meat is very tender. When ready, remove chicken breasts from cooker and shred with two forks. Set aside.
- Prepare rice according to packet directions.
- Pour the sauce from the slow cooker into a saucepan, and bring to a gentle boil. Combine cornflour with a little water and mix to form a paste. Add the cornflour mix to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Simmer for a few minutes until thickened. Add shredded chicken to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Divide chicken and sauce evenly and serve over cooked rice. Top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and some sliced spring onion.
Recipe serves 5 at 379 calories per serve.