When a snack looks this good, you’d be forgiven for thinking that there’s no way it could be part of a healthy eating plan.
But this Raspberry Coconut Slice is actually packed with healthy ingredients such as nuts, dates and coconut, so you can enjoy it as part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A big thank you to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie for sending this gorgeous recipe in to us.
Cassie says, ‘This Raspberry Coconut Slice tastes so good it’s hard to believe it’s actually good for you! Packed full of wholesome ingredients it will have the kids begging you to make more!’
Making your own healthy snacks is a great way to enjoy the things you love. When you make them yourself you know exactly what’s in them, and you know that they aren’t filled with sugar and additives that could derail your weight loss.
Raw raspberry coconut chocolate slice
- 1/2 cup dried dates pitted (85 grams)
- 1/2 cup cashews (60 grams)
- 3/4 cup boiling water (200 mls)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour (90 grams)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (24 grams)
- 1.5 cups shredded coconut (15o grams)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (240 grams)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (60 mls)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (30 mls)
- 50 grams dark cooking chocolate 70% cocoa
- 2 tsp coconut oil (10 mls)
- Soak dates and cashews in boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
- Place dates, cashews and water into food processor, add remaining base ingredients.
- Blitz on high for 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the base of a lined 20 x 30cm baking tray.
- Press mixture down firmly, and then place in refrigerator to harden.
- Place coconut oil, maple and raspberries into small pot, simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add shredded coconut and mix well before pouring raspberry mixture on top of base.
- Spread mixture out evenly and return to refrigerator.
- Melt dark chocolate and coconut oil together in a small bowl in the microwave on low heat.
- Drizzle chocolate over the slice and return to refrigerator for 1 hour before slicing.
- Slice into 12 pieces, storing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days
Makes 12 serves at 190 calories per serve
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to access more delicious sweet slices like this one. Think Carrot Cake Slice, Caramel Slice, and even a Peppermint Chocolate Slice (all made healthy!).