With just a few everyday ingredients, you can be tucking into this sweet dessert with minimal effort.
This recipe was sent in by 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie, who says you will need a silicone mini muffin tray so that you can easily pop the bites out when ready.
If you love frozen desserts, you’ll love the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today and access recipes such as strawberry frozen yogurt, frozen cheesecake bites, and choc mint creams.
Salted caramel cheesecake bites
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 50g rolled oats
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (7.5 mls)
- 40 ml water
- 50g dates
- 1 tbsp water (15 mls)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil melted (7.5 mls)
- 25g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 200g light cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 160c/ gas mark 3. Toast rolled oats in oven until golden.
- Blitz toasted oats, melted coconut oil and water in food processor.
- Press small teaspoons of mixture into each of the 12 silicon mini muffin moulds.
- Place in the fridge to cool.
- Soak dates in boiling water for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Drain dates and place them in food processor with water, sea salt and coconut oil. Blitz in food processor until a paste forms.
- Melt dark chocolate in microwave on low until smooth.
- Whisk the softened cream cheese and fold through the date mixture along with half of the dark chocolate.
- Spoon cream cheese filling on top of base and drizzle remaining dark chocolate on top.
- Place in freezer for an hour before popping out of silicon moulds.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Lose weight with the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them improve their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes. Some mums also choose to add in Healthy Mummy Smoothies to their meal plans, but it’s totally up to you.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.