Don’t ever underestimate the challenges a stay-at-home mum faces on a daily basis.
In fact, new research has found that many people find staying at home with your children HARDER than going into work!
Do you agree?
Study finds staying at home is harder than going to work when you have kids
According to a new survey of over 1,500 parents commissioned by AVEENO Baby, many admitted they believe staying at home is harder than going into the office.
22% admitted that they were never able to finish a cup of tea after becoming a parent, 33% said they always ate one-handed, 38% found going to the bathroom in peace was a thing of the past.
What’s more, 41% believed having a baby brought their partner and themselves together, 43% admitted they weren’t expecting that leaving the house would feel like a military operation and almost a third were shocked to find that staying at home with a child is harder than going to work.
And 45% said even with classes and books, they still relied on advice from their mum!
“Becoming a parent is an amazing experience, but we understand that entering this new chapter of life can also bring with it a great deal of stress and worry, so we wanted to discover more about what new parents experience in the first few years, what they wish they had known and how best we can support them,” says Rebecca Bennett, an AVEENO Baby skin expert.
“From what you put in your baby’s mouth to what you put on their skin, every small decision becomes much bigger and you worry you might not be making the right choice, or are being judged by others.”
Things the research found to be true when you become a parent:
- 42% said they felt complete unconditional love for the first time.
- 40% said you will always be tired.
- 38% said going to the bathroom in peace is a thing of the past.
- 31% said carpets and sofas will have permanent stains.
- 31% found staying at home with kids harder than being at work.
- 71% felt social media made parents more competitive.
- 27% said you know who your real friends are when you become a parent.
- 18% said you will ring your mum before a doctor.
- 21% say you will never finish a cup of tea again.
- 22% say nothing compares to the pain of stepping on Lego with bare feet.
While all this data is interesting, we at The Healthy Mummy don’t think staying at home or working when you have kids is any easier than the other!
In the end, we’re all doing the best we can to provide for our families, whether that be in or outside the home.
Get the support you need from our Healthy Mummy Community
When women support each other incredible things happen. With over 1.1 million like-minded mums who can offer daily support to The Healthy Mummy members our social footprint is LARGE!
All our private groups are moderated every hour by our professional staff, to ensure a safe and non-judgemental environment.