4 sweet snacks under 150 calories that will help BLAST belly fat
If you want to lose stomach fat, you would be forgiven for thinking that sweet snacks would have to be the first thing to go.
But not with the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
We’ve got STACKS of sweet recipes on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe hub that are not only going to satisfy a sweet craving, they’re also packed with ingredients that can help you to blast belly fat.
Today we’ve got a sneak peek at not one but FOUR sweet snack recipes (that nobody will know are healthy).
4 sweet snacks to help you BLAST belly fat
Using belly blasting ingredients like nuts, coconut, yogurt and fruit, you can have your cake while you lose stomach fat on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Which will you try first?
Cherry Choc Slice
You can use frozen cherries for this recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, and just a handful of other ingredients are needed.
Ingredients (Makes 10 servings)
- 150 grams fresh or frozen cherries
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (45 mls)
- 1/2 cup shredded or desiccated coconut (50 grams)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (30 grams)
- 60 grams dark chocolate (70%)
- 4 tsp coconut flour (10 grams)
- If using frozen cherries, allow them to defrost and drain off any excess moisture. Pit cherries before use.
- Place all ingredients except the chocolate and coconut flour into a food processor and blitz until well combined. Some small lumps of cherry are fine and add to the texture of the slice.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper and spoon mixture in, smoothing it with a spatula or back of a spoon.
- Put the pan in the fridge while you melt the chocolate. Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt in a small bowl or jug over a saucepan of boiling water, stirring occasionally.
- Once it is completely melted, pour the chocolate over the cherry mixture and tilt the pan to get a thin, even coat of chocolate. Return the pan to the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- When ready, dust a chopping board liberally with the coconut flour, and place the slice onto the board. This will give it a slightly cakey base.
- Cut the slice with a hot knife into 10 equal pieces. 1 piece is 1 serve. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
Lemon Coconut Baked Slice
Ingredients (Makes 9 servings)
- 2 free-range eggs, whisked (100 grams)
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup or honey (62.5 mls)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Greek natural yogurt (130 grams)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (16 grams)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (62.5 mls)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (60 mls)
- 1 cup spelt flour (120 grams)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda (2.5 grams)
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut (75 grams)
- Preheat oven to 200C / gas mark 6. Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs and rice malt syrup, then add the yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice and melted coconut oil, mix well to combine.
- Fold in the spelt flour, bicarb soda and desiccated coconut, gently combining all ingredients. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until firm to touch and slightly golden. Leave in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice into 9 squares. One square is one serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Belly Blasting Bliss Balls
Ingredients (Makes 12 servings)
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts (40 grams)
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, fresh (90 grams)
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries (22.5 grams)
- 1/4 cup almond butter (45 grams)
- 3 tbsp organic hemp seeds (27 grams)
- 3 tbsp flaxseed meal (33 grams)
- 2 tsp coconut oil (10 mls)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (20 grams)
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until well combined. Add more coconut flour if needed, if the mixture is too wet.
- Roll the mix into 12 balls and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months. One ball is one serve.
85 calories per serve
Choc Orange Nut Bites
A high fibre recipe that will help to boost your metabolism while you follow the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Ingredients (Makes 20 servings)
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, fresh, pitted and sliced (90 grams)
- 1 & 1/2 cups almonds (180 grams)
- 1 cup pecan halves (200 grams)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mls)
- 2 & 2/3 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder (16 grams)
- 1/2 cup tahini (96 grams)
- 4 tsp honey (20 mls)
- 1 tsp orange zest (4 grams)
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut (15 grams)
- For the base, blend the dates and almonds together in a food processor until you have a fine to coarse consistency. Line a rectangular dish (approximately 18cm x 14cm) with cling wrap. Pour in base mixture and flatten, spreading it out to the sides to get an even base.
- Blend the pecans, vanilla extract, cacao/cocoa powder, tahini and honey until well combined. Stir through the orange zest. Evenly spread this mixture over the base and then sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
- Place into the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour to set and then slice into 20 pieces. One piece is one serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
145 calories per serve
Want to lose weight in a healthy way?
If you are interested in kickstarting your weight loss and want to improve your energy – not to mention – improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click on the link.