Hi – My name is Rhian and as well as being a busy mum of 2 little young boys – I am also the founder of The Healthy Mummy which I am super proud to say is transforming the lives of millions of mums all over the world.
The Healthy Mummy is a health and weight loss program created for busy mums. We started back in 2010 when I was pregnant and wanted to created a supportive and holistic program for mums. Now millions of mums use our famous 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge every day and mums have lost over 500,000 stone with us!
My weeknight meal prep
One of the BIG things I like to do and show mums is that healthy eating doesn’t need to be expensive!
So today, I did a little bit of meal prep! Well quite a lot actually! I made 5 weeknight dinners for a family of 4 for just £36.
How you can feed your family 25 weeknight meals for just £36
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meals are designed with a holistic approach, with no food group being cut out, everything in moderation and most importantly, they’re delicious!
This took me 3 hours to do which means I don’t have to cook again for the week. Because I’m cooking in bulk, I’m saving so much money – so although it is hard work – it is 100% worth it!
The finer details
- I spent £36.06 on food
- I made 5 dinners, enough for a family of 4 for 5 nights
- I made 28 serves of the dinners (so there are a few spare portions for hungry men or teens!)
- All food is healthy and yummy
- All recipes are from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
What I made
All the food is from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and you can see over 4,000 recipes in the challenge when you join.
Lemongrass Chicken with Rice (£1.61 per serve)
Slow Cooked Chicken Jalapeno Poppers with Avocado Cream Dip (£1.21 per serve)
This recipe is a sneak peek for you from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 300g chicken breast fillets
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil spray
- 52g light cream cheese 52g
- 48g jalapeno chillies, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder (1g)
- 1 tsp cumin (1g)
- 8 mini tortilla wraps (192g)
- 60g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 10g chopped fresh coriander
- ½ mashed avocado (60g)
- 65g extra light sour cream
- 40ml lime juice
If using an oven:
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and lightly spray with cooking oil spray. Place in a baking dish and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until cooked
- Remove the chicken from the oven and shred with two forks. Combine shredded chicken with the
cream cheese, jalapenos, garlic powder and cumin.
- Place this mix in a baking dish and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
If using a slow cooker:
- Lightly spray cooker with cooking oil spray. Place chicken, ½ cup of water, cream cheese,
jalapenos, garlic powder and cumin to slow cooker dish. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and
cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When cooked, remove the chicken pieces and shred. Stir chicken back in with the other sauce
- Preheat oven griller and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds to soften them up, this will make them easier to
work with. Sprinkle some cheese along the middle of each tortilla (divide the cheese evenly
between all of the tortillas).
- Top cheese with 2-3 tablespoons of chicken and jalapeno mix. Roll tortillas tightly into a log-
shape, and place on lined baking tray.
- Place under the grill for 8-10 minutes, turning half way through, until tortillas are golden and
cheese has melted.
- While chicken poppers are under the grill, combine coriander with avocado, sour cream and lime
juice to make the dipping sauce.
- Serve 2 mini poppers per person with avocado cream for dipping.
This recipe is AMAZING and I LOVED IT!
Slow Cooked Fish Curry with Pappadums (£2.19 per serve)
Courgette and Cheese Strata (£0.73 per serve)
Ratatouille Lasagne (£0.92 per serve)
My 5 tips on how to save time when meal prepping
- Get cooking on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – save even more by serving many of the meals with the same side dishes (such as rice and salad).
- Save even more by bulking out your recipes with any vegetables that are on sale, as most of our recipes are quite flexible and forgiving
- Save even more by growing your own herbs at home in the garden or in a window box instead of buying them by the bunch
- Save even more by switching up some of the proteins to either whatever meat is on sale when you shop, or substitute with tofu or chickpeas instead
- I purposely chose recipes with similar ingredients as this helps save money at the checkout (e.g. many have chicken in them for instance).
Results from mums using The Healthy Mummy Plans
Sascha says, “4.10st gone from using The Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and maintaining it couldn’t be more enjoyable”
Amy has lost 5.4st thanks to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge! She now weighs 9.6st, something she hasn’t weighed since she was 10 years old she says.
“If you’re consistent the result will come. It won’t be overnight, you’ll have to be patient, but consistency will get you there in the end,” Amy says.
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.