As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge we have many ways to customise the menu to suits your tastes and preferences.
So if you are vegan (or dairy free, vegetarian, gluten free, nut free, or egg free) and wondering whether the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge will work for you and your family, you’re in luck!
We have HUNDREDS of vegan recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, covering breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks.
Here is a sneak peek at what a vegan menu could look like, all using recipes that the kids will happily enjoy with you.
6 delicious vegan recipes the whole family will enjoy
Being vegan doesn’t mean you have to miss out on some of the delicious recipes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge! Which of these will you try first?
Breakfast: Peanut Butter and Banana Breakfast Bars
Peanut butter is a fantastic way to start the day as it’s packed with energy boosting nutrients such as iron and copper and will keep you going all day. We have STACKS of peanut butter loving recipes in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Ingredients (Makes 5 servings)
- 2 cups rolled oats (192 grams)
- 4 small banana, mashed (360 grams)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (96 grams)
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and line a baking tin or dish with baking paper. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour batter into the prepared tin/dish and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin/dish and then refrigerate.
- Slice into bars, one bar is one serve.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
315 calories per serve
Morning Snack: “Snickers” Slice
Who needs to buy chocolate bars when you can make healthier versions of your favourite sweet treats at home!? This one requires no baking either, so it’s easy to throw together. One taste and you’ll see why it’s one of the most popular recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Ingredients (Makes 24 servings)
- 250 grams cashew nuts, unsalted
- 1 cup ground almonds (150 grams)
- 1/3 cup cacao/cocoa powder (33.3 grams)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mls)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (62.5 mls)
- 200 grams pitted, dried dates
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (80 mls)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped (140 grams)
- Line a 20cm x 20cm square baking dish with baking paper.
- Soak the cashews and the dates separately in boiling water for 20 minutes. Rinse and drain. Add cashews only to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Divide cashew mixture in half.
- Add one half of the cashew mixture to the almond meal, 1 tablespoon of the cacao/cocoa powder, 1/2 of the vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup and mix well. Press into the lined dish evenly and flatten.
- Place remaining cashews, soaked dates, remaining vanilla, a tablespoon of maple syrup and 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil, into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Stir through chopped peanuts. Smooth mixture over base and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to set a little.
- Add the remaining coconut oil, remaining cacao/cocoa powder and remaining maple syrup into a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until melted. Pour over the top of the slice and return to the fridge to set, approximately 20 – 30 minutes.
- When set gently cut into 24 small rectangles with a sharp knife. 1 rectangle is 1 serve.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
184 calories per serve
Lunch: Chunky Tomato Spaghetti
If you’re looking for a nice refreshing pasta dish for lunch look no further than this Chunky Tomato Spaghetti. Quick and easy to prepare, you could even prepare the sauce ahead of time and just cook the spaghetti to make lunch time a breeze.
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (15 mls)
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped (100 grams)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (6 grams)
- 600 grams tinned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (4 grams)
- 200 grams wholemeal spaghetti
- 1 & 1/3 cups fresh parsley, roughly chopped (80 grams)
- 1 & 1/3 cups fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped (80 grams)
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until tender.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and break up with a wooden spoon if not already crushed. Add oregano and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to simmer sauce for 15 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- While sauce is cooking, cook spaghetti according to packet directions. Remove sauce from heat once ready and stir through fresh herbs. Toss spaghetti with sauce and serve.
180 calories per serve
Afternoon Snack: Oat and Cacao Cookies
A healthy version of chocolate chip cookies. Rolled oats are rich in fibre and keep you full so you will be less likely to snack on unhealthy foods. We have lots of oat-filled snack and breakfast recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Ingredients (Makes 6 servings)
- 2 small banana, mashed (180 grams)
- 1 cup rolled oats (100 grams)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (48 grams)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (1.3 grams)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted (15 mls)
- Preheat the oven to 160C / gas mark 3, and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, add the banana, oats and cacao nibs. Mix well.
- Add the coconut oil and baking soda and combine well to form a cookie dough. Divide the dough into 6 even portions and roll into balls. Place the balls onto the prepared tray, leaving space between each to allow for spreading.
- Press down on each ball gently to flatten slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely on the tray before serving.
- One cookie is one serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3- 4 days.
147 calories per serve
Dinner: Satay Pizza
The chickpeas in this recipe are a powerhouse of low GI, high fibre, energy, loaded with B group vitamins which all aid energy metabolism. If you love take away made healthy, you’ll love the recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (64 grams)
- 4 tsp coconut cream (20 grams)
- 2 tsp lime juice (10 mls)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (3 grams)
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes (0.5 grams)
- 2 tsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce) (10 mls)
- 4 medium wholemeal pitta bread (260 grams)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (50 grams)
- 1 cup tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed (120 grams)
- 2 cups pineapple, fresh or tinned, diced (320 grams)
- 1 red pepper, diced (100 grams)
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- Add peanut butter, coconut cream, lime juice, garlic, chilli flakes and kecap manis to a food processor and process until creamy and smooth.
- Spread the satay sauce onto the pitta bread. Arrange chickpeas, onion, pineapple and peppers evenly over the pizza base.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes until slightly browned on top.
Evening Snack: Easy Choc Orange Mousse
A delicious and easy mousse using the healthy fats from avocado and fresh fruit to sweeten. If avocados are expensive in your local shops, use extra banana for this recipe. Chocolate doesn’t need to be off the menu thanks to recipes like this from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Ingredients (Makes 1 servings)
- 1/2 medium avocado (60 grams)
- 1/2 frozen banana (45 grams)
- 4 tsp cacao/cocoa powder (8 grams)
- 3 tbsp orange juice (45 mls)
- 1 tsp orange zest (4 grams)
- Place all ingredients excluding orange zest in a food processor and blend until well combined and smooth.
- Place in a serving dish and top with orange zest to serve.
184 calories per serve
Want to lose weight in a healthy way?
If you are interested in kickstarting your weight loss and want to improve your energy – not to mention – improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click on the link.