Everyone loves a tasty muffin for a snack, and these chia and orange muffins come directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – which is made to help busy mums lose weight.
With the goodness of chia seeds, these healthy muffins are a great snack to enjoy with a cup of tea. The kids will probably help you out with them as an after school snack too.
PLUS there’s no added sugar! They’re sweetened with fresh orange and Natvia instead.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for many more muffin recipes, including the ever-popular Choc Chip Muffins.
- 1 orange (130 grams)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (60 mls)
- 1 & 1/4 cups ground almonds (187.5 grams)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (1.3 grams)
- 1 free-range egg (50 grams)
- 100 mls reduced-fat milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon Natvia (available from Tesco) (4 grams)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mls)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (30 grams)
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4. Line or lightly spray 6 holes of a mini muffin tin.
- Zest and juice the orange.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground almonds, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- In a larger bowl, whisk the egg. Add the Natvia, chia seeds, orange juice, milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and zest.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Gently combine, being careful to not over mix as otherwise muffins will be tough.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
- Serve warm or refrigerate in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Freeze individually for up to a month. 1 muffin is 1 serve.
Recipe serves 6 at 330 calories per serve
Want access to more healthy recipes?
Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. With thousands of recipes, and hundreds of fat burning exercises and 24/7 support, The Healthy Mummy can help YOU hit your goal weight faster.
Our Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- New CHALLENGE THEME each month – so you’ll NEVER get bored
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!