Looking for a 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe that you just know the whole family will love? These Mexican Chicken Enchiladas are ideal.
Why not make double batch to serve the whole family and then enjoy leftovers for lunch for the week?
At 448 calories per serve, this meal from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is proof that you can still eat the food you love while you lose weight!
- 400 grams chicken breast fillets
- 4 tomatoes (400 grams)
- 2 tbsp liquid chicken stock, salt reduced (30 mls)
- 1 tsp chilli powder (1 grams)
- 2 tsp ground cumin (2 grams)
- 2 tsp dried oregano (2 grams)
- 1 brown onion, diced (100 grams)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (9 grams)
- 8 wholemeal tortillas (360 grams)
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated (160 grams)
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, chopped (20 grams)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Greek natural yogurt (87 grams)
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- In a food processor add tomato, stock, chilli powder, cumin and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper and blitz until smooth. Add a little more stock if needed to reach a smooth consistency.
- In a frypan over a medium-high heat, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken and brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Lay the tortillas on the bench and spread a small amount of sauce over each one.
- Divide the chicken and onion mix along the middle of the tortillas, and roll each one up tightly. Place in a baking tray. Pour the rest of the sauce over the rolls and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes until onion is golden and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve tortillas topped with coriander and a dollop of yogurt.
Recipe serves 4 people at 448 calories per serve.
Want access to more healthy recipes?
Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. With over 4,000 recipes, 350 fat burning exercises and 24/7 support, The Healthy Mummy can help YOU hit your goal weight faster.
Our Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- New CHALLENGE THEME each month – so you’ll NEVER get bored
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!