Why even think about takeaway when you can whip up this delicious and healthy chicken and pineapple fried rice.
This is a meal that can be enjoyed on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and the whole family will LOVE it.
- 200g chicken breast (or use leftover chicken)
- 2 cups basmati rice uncooked (or use leftover rice) (360g)
- 2 cups pea, carrots and corn frozen vegetables (320g)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (160g) + 2 tbsp pineapple juice (30ml)
- 3 eggs beaten (150g)
- 2 tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce) (30ml)
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (30ml)
- 1 tsp soy sauce (5ml)
- ½ tsp chilli powder optional (0.5g)
- ¼ tsp sesame oil (1.3ml)
- 1 tsp ginger minced (4g)
- 1 tbsp garlic minced (3g)
- Spring onion to garnish
- Cook the rice according to packet directions and set aside (or use leftover rice). Cook the chicken in a frying pan with a little olive oil, then set aside to cool (or use leftover cooked chicken).
- In a non stick fry pan on a medium heat, pour in the beaten egg and spread all over the pan. Cook for a few minutes on each side like an omelette. Remove from the pan and roughly chop
- In the same pan add the sesame oil, then add the rice and the pea, carrot and corn mix, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Chop up the chicken. Once the rice and vegetable mix are heated through add the chicken, egg and crushed pineapple.
- In a bowl mix the kecap manis, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, ginger, garlic, pineapple juice and chilli powder. Once mixed well pour over the fried rice and mix well. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- When finished top with spring onions.
Recipe serves 5 at 265 calories per serve.