Why even think about takeaway when you can whip up this delicious and healthy chicken and pineapple fried rice.
This is a meal that can be enjoyed on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and the whole family will LOVE it.
- 200g chicken breast (or use leftover chicken)
- 2 cups basmati rice uncooked (or use leftover rice) (360g)
- 2 cups pea, carrots and corn frozen vegetables (320g)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (160g) + 2 tbsp pineapple juice (30ml)
- 3 eggs beaten (150g)
- 2 tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce) (30ml)
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (30ml)
- 1 tsp soy sauce (5ml)
- ½ tsp chilli powder optional (0.5g)
- ¼ tsp sesame oil (1.3ml)
- 1 tsp ginger minced (4g)
- 1 tbsp garlic minced (3g)
- Spring onion to garnish
Cook the rice according to packet directions and set aside (or use leftover rice). Cook the chicken in a frying pan with a little olive oil, then set aside to cool (or use leftover cooked chicken).
In a non stick fry pan on a medium heat, pour in the beaten egg and spread all over the pan. Cook for a few minutes on each side like an omelette. Remove from the pan and roughly chop
In the same pan add the sesame oil, then add the rice and the pea, carrot and corn mix, cook for 3-4 minutes.
Chop up the chicken. Once the rice and vegetable mix are heated through add the chicken, egg and crushed pineapple.
In a bowl mix the kecap manis, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, ginger, garlic, pineapple juice and chilli powder. Once mixed well pour over the fried rice and mix well. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
When finished top with spring onions.
Recipe serves 5 at 265 calories per serve.