28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Dina has shared her fabulous banana bread recipe which is perfect for afternoon tea.
It makes 12 pieces so it’s great to prepare it when you have friends coming over or you want to make enough for the whole family.
It also freezes well, so you could also freeze individual slices so that you always have healthy snacks on hand.
You could also pop some in the kid’s lunchbox too as it is nut free.
- 1.5 cups whole oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, ripe and peeled
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips and sunflower seeds to decorate, optional
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4, and line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Place oats, coconut, egg, banana, maple syrup and baking powder into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin and top with the choc chips and sunflower seeds, if using.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before slicing into 12 pieces.
Recipe makes 12 slices at 150 calories per serve.