7 healthy recipes that use Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix (that aren’t smoothies!)
Did you know your beloved Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix can be used in more ways than one? If you thought smoothies were all that your mix was good for, think again!
Check out these recipes that you can whip up in no time using your favourite flavour of Healthy Mummy smoothie mix.
7 healthy recipes that use Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix
1. Chocolate Protein Pancakes
Ingredients (makes 1 serve):
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (33.3 grams)
- 3 egg whites (75 grams)
- 1/2 tablespoon Healthy Mummy Smoothie Mix Chocolate (6.3 grams)
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat milk of choice (30 mls)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (0.5 grams)
- 1 tsp cacao/cocoa powder (2 grams)
- cooking oil spray
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat Greek natural yogurt (20 grams)
- 2 tablespoons fresh or frozen raspberries (40 grams)
- 1 tsp honey (5 mls)
- Combine oats, egg whites, Smoothie mix, milk, cinnamon and cocoa/cacao powder together to form a batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and spray lightly with cooking oil spray.
- Pour in 2 -3 tablespoons of batter and flip when bubbles start to form on the top.
- Cook on the other side for a few seconds until you can easily lift pancake from the pan.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with a dollop of Greek yogurt, raspberries and a drizzle of honey.
2.Frozen Raspberry Cheesecake Bites
Ingredients (Makes 10 servings)
- 3/4 cup ground almonds (112.5 grams)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (32 grams)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (15 mls)
- 2 tbsp Healthy Mummy Smoothie Mix Vanilla (25 grams)
- 3 cups reduced-fat Greek natural yogurt (780 grams)
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese (130 grams)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mls)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (30 mls)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (480 grams)
- Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Stir together or pulse in a food processor the ground almonds, peanut butter and coconut oil until well combined.
- Press mix into prepared tin and place in freezer to set.
- Combine smoothie powder, yogurt, cream cheese, vanilla, maple syrup and half the raspberries in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Remove base from the freezer and spread raspberry mix over the top together with remaining raspberries.
- Cover and return to the freezer until set, at least 4 hours.
- To serve, remove from the tin and allow to sit on the bench for 10 minutes to soften slightly.
- Slice into 10 pieces. 1 piece is 1 serve. Store leftovers in the freezer for up to a month.
3. Mocha Pancakes with Banana
Ingredients (Makes 3 servings)
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Healthy Mummy Smoothie Mix Chocolate (18.8 grams)
- 2 tbsp plain wholemeal flour (20 grams)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (1.3 grams)
- 1 free-range egg (50 grams)
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp pre-prepared espresso (22.5 mls)
- cooking oil spray
- 1 tsp honey (5 mls)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Greek natural yogurt (60 grams)
- 1 small banana, sliced (90 grams)
- Combine Smoothie powder, flour, baking powder, egg and espresso together.
- Add a little water to form a smooth batter.
- Heat a frypan over medium-high heat and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Add tablespoons of the batter to the pan to make 2 mini pancakes per serve, approximately 6 pancakes in total.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the surface. Then flip to the other side and cook for another minute or until golden.
- Combine honey with yogurt. Serve 2 pancakes per serve topped with some banana slices and a dollop of honey yogurt.
4. ‘Nutella’ Bliss Balls
Ingredients (Makes 14 servings)
- 1 cup pitted, dried dates (170 grams)
- 1 cup hazelnuts (120 grams)
- 2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder (16 grams)
- 1 tbsp Healthy Mummy Smoothie Mix Chocolate (12.5 grams)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (15 mls)
- Process all ingredients together in a food processor, add a touch of water if needed to ensure ingredients are well combined.
- Roll mixture into 14 balls. 1 ball is 1 serve.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze for up to a month.
5. Snickers Smoothie Bowl
Ingredients (Makes 1 servings)
- 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened (62.5 mls)
- 3/4 frozen banana (67.5 grams)
- 2 tbsp Healthy Mummy Smoothie Mix Chocolate (25 grams)
- 2 tsp cacao/cocoa powder (4 grams)
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats (8 grams) 1/4 tsp honey (1.3 mls)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (0.3 grams)
- 2 tsp crushed peanuts (8 grams)
- 1 tsp chia seeds (4 grams)
- 1/4 small banana, sliced (22.5 grams)
- Preheat oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine oats honey and cinnamon to taste and spread over lined tray.
- Place in oven for 5-10 minutes until golden. Allow to cool.
- Blend Chocolate Healthy Mummy Smoothie powder, cacao/cocoa powder, frozen banana and almond milk for 2-3 minutes and place in a serving bowl.
- Top with baked oats, peanuts, chia seeds and banana slices to serve.
6. Salted Caramel Popcorn Cups
Ingredients (makes 10 serves)
- 4 cups air-popped popcorn (32 grams)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (48 grams)
- 3 tbsp honey (45 mls)
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil (15 mls)
- 1/4 teaspoon Healthy Mummy vanilla smoothie mix (0.5 grams)
- salt optional
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Continuously mix until sauce is well combined and starts to slowly thicken and bubble.
- Remove from the heat and immediately mix popcorn through the sauce.
- While still warm, press mixture into patty cases and if you wish, sprinkle with a pinch of salt then pop into the fridge to set.
7. After Dinner Mints
Ingredients (makes 16)
- 2 tbsp oats (12 grams)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (120 grams)
- 1 tbsp Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix vanilla flavour (12.5 grams)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (15 ml)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (30 ml)
- 1/2 tsp mint essence (add more if you want it extra minty) 2.5ml
- 3 drops green food colouring
- 75 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- Line tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Blitz oats until they become a fine powder.
- Add the coconut, food colouring, vanilla smoothie powder and give another quick blitz to combine.
- Add maple syrup, coconut oil and mint, then blitz again to combine.
- Roll mix into 16 balls or press into 16 mini silicon moulds. Then pop in freezer to set.
- While setting, melt your chocolate using your preferred method.
- Remove from freezer and dip into melted chocolate.
- Place onto baking paper lined tray and pop in fridge to set then ENJOY!
- Can be stored in fridge or freezer.
59 calories each.
How can Healthy Mummy Smoothies benefit you?
- Healthy Mummy Smoothies are an excellent source of essential vitamins, minerals, nutrients & important antioxidants
- Don’t contain weight loss accelerants, caffeine or gluten.
- Can help with weight management when used as part of a diet and exercise plan
- Provide the best possible nutrition for energy
- Breastfeeding-safe and are designed to help to support milk supply
- Low GI & high fibre which helps you feel fuller for longer and aids digestion
- Quick and easy to prepare and taste delicious
Find out more about our smoothies HERE
Access thousands of recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add new recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge