For an Easter snack that feels like a treat, these Hot Cross Bliss Balls from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge are a winner.
The kids will love these as much as you do. Why not get them to help you with the mixing and rolling, as well as piping the crosses on top?
These bliss balls also work well as a homemade gift. Wrap in clear cellophane with a ribbon and you’ve got yourself an Easter present for Grandma, your neighbour, or even for a favourite teacher.
28 Day Weight Loss Challenge members can access lots of healthy easter treats that make perfect gifts, such as hot cross buns, homemade chocolate bunnies, and more.
Ingredients (Makes 8 servings)
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, fresh, pitted (90 grams)
- 1/3 cup orange juice (83.3 mls)
- 1 cup rolled oats (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (96 grams)
- 1 tsp mixed spice (1 grams)
- 2 tsp orange zest (8 grams)
- 1 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder (8 grams)
- 2 tsp almond butter (8 grams)
- 2 tsp honey (10 mls)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted (16 grams)
- Heat orange juice in microwave or a small saucepan, add dates and set aside to soak and cool.
- Place oats and seeds in a food processor on high until finely chopped. Add spice, zest, dates and soaking juice. Process on high until ingredients are well combined and begin to come together. If the mixture is too dry add extra orange juice.
- Roll bite sized balls of the mixture and arrange on a plate (you should be able to roll 16 balls). Once all mixture is rolled place in the fridge while you prepare the chocolate crosses.
- In a small mixing bowl combine cocoa, honey, almond butter and melted butter. Place mixture into a piping bag or a snap lock lunch bag and cut a small corner off one side so you can pipe crosses onto the balls.
- Remove balls from the fridge and pipe a small cross onto each ball. Freeze any leftover cross mixture to use another time. Return balls to the fridge and chill until ready to serve. 2 balls is 1 serve. Freezer friendly.
131 calories per serve
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for click here.