One pot spaghetti bolognese (yes, even the pasta goes in)
Here is a great one pot meal from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge that will feed a family of 6 (or provide delicious leftovers). And yes, even the pasta is cooked in the same pot!
Save time on washing up and mess by creating this tasty one pot wonder from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for a mid-week meal in around 30 minutes.
This healthy recipe contains 6 different vegetables so it’s a great way to pack in lots of nutrition and vitamins.
If you would prefer not to use the wine, simply use 3 cups of stock instead of 2.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (15 mls)
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced (100 grams)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated (140 grams)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped (80 grams)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (6 grams)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (75 grams)
- 1 courgette, grated (110 grams)
- 1/2 small red chilli, finely chopped (5 grams)
- 500 grams lean beef mince
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (15 mls)
- 4 tbsp tomato passata (60 mls)
- 800 grams tinned tomatoes
- 1 cup red cooking wine (250 mls)
- 2 cups liquid chicken stock, salt reduced (500 mls)
- 250 grams wholemeal spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves (10 grams)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (72 grams)
- Heat the oil in a large pan (the pan needs to be big enough to hold all of the bolognese and the spaghetti too) over medium-high heat.
- Cook the onion, carrot, celery and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the chilli, (optional) and then add the courgette and mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the mince to the pan and brown the mince for around 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Pour in the Worcestershire sauce, tomato passata, tomatoes, wine and stock. Season to taste and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add spaghetti to the pan (you may need to break the pasta in half if the pan isn’t big enough).
- Simmer, uncovered, for around 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked, stirring several times during the cooking time.
- Divide between 6 bowls, sprinkle each with fresh basil leaves and grated Parmesan to serve.
Recipe serves 6 at 415 calories per serve
Want access to more healthy recipes?
Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. With over 4,000 recipes, 350 fat burning exercises and 24/7 support, The Healthy Mummy can help YOU hit your goal weight faster.
Our Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- New CHALLENGE THEME each month – so you’ll NEVER get bored
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!