If you’ve got access to a decent spice cupboard at home, you don’t need to buy curry paste to make a hearty curry like this one from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
It’s curry meets satay in this dish, packed full of warming spices to fill even the hungriest of bellies.
Plus, make in a large batch and then store portions in the freezer to defrost and reheat for an easy, nutritious meal in no time.
If you love healthy takeaway as much as we do, join us on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
You’ll have access to delicious recipes like Peanut Butter Noodles, Thai Laksa, Beef and Ginger Stir Fry, Lamb Burgers and Mexican Nachos or Nutty Ramen Noodles.
- 1/2 cup basmati rice, uncooked (90 grams)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (15 mls)
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped (100 grams)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (6 grams)
- 360 grams chicken breast fillets
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced (4 grams)
- 2 tsp ground coriander (2 grams)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (1 grams)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (1 grams)
- 1 cup liquid chicken stock, salt reduced (250 mls)
- 400 grams tinned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (96 grams)
- 1 tsp garam masala (1 grams)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Greek natural yogurt (130 grams)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped (5 grams)
- Prepare rice according to packet directions.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 1 minute or until tender.
- Dice the chicken into cubes and add to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Add the ginger, ground coriander, cumin and turmeric and stir to combine. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes until spices are fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock, tinned tomatoes and peanut butter and mix. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the garam masala and the yogurt and stir to combine.
- Divide the prepared rice evenly between 4 bowls and top with an even amount of the chicken and curry sauce. Sprinkle with coriander to serve.
Recipe serves 4 at 440 calories per serve.
Want to access thousands more healthy recipes like these?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.