If you love chocolate as much as we do here at the Healthy Mummy, you’re going to LOVE this recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
This ‘bark’ is a great healthy snack to prepare in advance and share with friends and family (or keep it all for yourself!).
Leave processed sugar-laden chocolate at the supermarket and make this 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe instead for a healthier option.
You could also modify the recipe to suit your tastes with different fruit and nut combinations. The sky is the limit really! Some of our favourites include:
- Blueberries and walnuts
- Dried apricots and hazelnuts
- Flaked almonds and dried cherries
- 200 grams dark chocolate (70%)
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup or honey (15 mls)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (15 mls)
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (60 grams)
- 1/4 cup pistachios, unsalted, chopped (30 grams)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut (25 grams)
- Break up chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water on the stovetop (do not let bowl touch water). Add rice malt syrup and coconut oil. Stir until melted.
- Line a baking tray and spread melted chocolate mix evenly over the top.
- Scatter over the raspberries, pistachios and coconut and place into the freezer for an hour.
- Once hard, break up into 8 pieces. If not serving immediately, store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Recipe serves 8 at 218 calories per serve.
Kaire from our Healthy Mummy Private Community says “Kids are finally sleeping and I needed a late-night snack! Have you tried the bark recipes from the app yet? So simple yet HEAVENLY ❤️”
Want access to more healthy recipes?
Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. With thousands of family-friendly recipes, 100’s of fat burning exercises and 24/7 support, The Healthy Mummy can help YOU hit your goal weight faster.
Our Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- New CHALLENGE THEME each month – so you’ll NEVER get bored
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!