Slow cooked, delicious and full of hidden veggies. If you’re looking for a healthy dinner to feed the kids, then you HAVE to try these meatballs!
These healthy porcupine meatballs can be enjoyed on their own, with mash, pasta or even bread to soak up the delicious sauce.
The whole family will love them. To get access to thousands of YUMMY and family friendly recipes like this take part in our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 500 g lean mince of choice beef, pork, turkey, chicken
- 1 small brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 can condensed tomato Soup
- 1 grated courgette
- 1 grated carrot
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 125 g brown rice, cooked
- 2 tsp oregano
- To make the meatballs mix the mince, half of the onion, half of the oregano, egg, minced garlic, grated carrot and zucchini and brown rice together. Roll into about 10 big meatballs.
- Put the meatballs into the slow cooker.
- Mix together in a big jug the tomato soup, Worcestershire sauce, the rest of the oregano, the and the other half of the onion. Fill the empty tomato soup can with water and add to the sauce mix. Once well mixed pour over the meatballs.
- Set slow cooker on high and cook for 5 hours.
- Can serve by itself, with pasta, salad, more rice, or some crusty bread.
This recipe serves a family of five, 2 meatballs each – 225 calories per serve.