5 ingredient spinach and feta puffs
These crispy, healthy puffs make a delicious breakfast or light lunch.
Prepare a larger batch and keep them in the freezer so that you have something healthy ready to go.
This is a sneak peek recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 2 cups frozen spinach thawed (60g)
- 2 free-range eggs (100g)
- 1/3 cup reduced fat feta (107g)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped (3g)
- 1 sheet reduced-fat puff pastry (168g)
- Preheat oven to 200C / gas mark 4. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Squeeze water from thawed spinach then combine with feta, garlic, and one of the eggs. Mix well and season with pepper.
- Cut just-thawed pastry sheet into 6 rectangles. Place a spoonful of spinach filling on one side of a rectangle, fold over the other end of the pastry and crimp the edges with a fork to enclose. Repeat with remaining filling and pastry.
- Place puffs on prepared oven tray, whisk remaining egg in a small bowl and brush over each pastry rectangle.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Two puffs is one serve. Can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge to reheat when ready to serve or suitable for freezing. Just defrost and reheat in the oven before serving.
Serves 3 at 320 calories per serve.