Stir fries are so easy to prepare and they are a great, healthy option for lunch or dinner. Load them up with veggies and some protein for a tasty, family friendly meal.
28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Libby Butler shared this great snap of her stir fry on the Healthy Mummy Facebook Group.
Libby says she even used bok choy from her own garden – we love that!
28 Day Weight Loss Challenge members have access to so many great stir fry recipes.
- 240 grams chicken breast
- 2 heads bok choy (300g)
- 3 cups broccoli (300g)
- 1/2 cup liquid chicken stock salt reduced (125ml)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (15ml)
- 1 clove garlic crushed (3g)
- 2 tbsp unsalted cashew nuts chopped (20g)
- 1 tbsp tamari (gluten free soy sauce) (15ml)
- Cut chicken into pieces and season with salt and pepper. Cut bok choy into quarters and broccoli into florets.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook for 4-5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from pan/wok and set aside.
- Add the garlic and cashews to the pan and cook for a minute or two, just to brown slightly. Now add the bok choy and broccoli, stir fry for one minute.
- Add the chicken stock and cook for another 3 minutes or until the vegetables are bright green and tender crisp.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the tamari and toss all ingredients together and serve.
Recipe serves 2 at 380 calories per serve