Here at the Healthy Mummy we LOVE recipes with under 5 ingredients.
If you love simple but delicious recipes using store cupboard staples, please give these coconut rough bites a go. They’re just 53 calories per piece, and as they’re nut free they could go in the lunchbox too.
Click on the link to find out more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Members have access to other ‘5 and under’ recipes including Almond and Cranberry Syrup Cake or our Peanut Butter Fudge Bars.
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (120g)
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder (16g)
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil (22ml)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (30ml)
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined and no longer dry.
- Press firmly into small moulds or into a small tray lined with baking paper.
- Pop in the fridge to set.
- Keep stored in the fridge.
Recipe makes 16 mini bites at 53 calories each.