As a busy mum, you don’t always have time to turn the oven on to make a healthy snack.
That’s why we have pulled together FOUR of our favourite NO-BAKE recipes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, for healthy slices that you and the family will all love.
Recipes like this are the basis of our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – we want to make it easy for mums to eat well without spending too much time cooking.
4 Quick And Easy No-Bake Slices
1. Raw Cherry Slice
Pictured above, this slice is packed with healthy fats and fibre and free from refined sugar. This easy to prepare Cherry Slice doesn’t require any baking and makes the most of in-season cherries (or use frozen ones).
Ingredients (Makes 12 servings)
- 1 cup macadamias, unsalted (120 grams)
- 1/3 cup cacao/cocoa powder (33.3 grams)
- 2 & 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (50 mls)
- 3/4 cup medjool dates, fresh (135 grams)
- 1 & 1/2 cups shredded or desiccated coconut (150 grams)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries, pitted (200 grams)
- Line a 20cm x 20cm tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor, blitz macadamias, cacao/cocoa powder, coconut oil and half of the medjool dates until smooth. Press into prepared tin.
- In the food processor blend remaining dates, shredded coconut and cherries until smooth and spread over the top of the macadamia base.
- Cover and freeze for an hour or until firm.
- Remove from the tin and slice into 12 squares. 1 square is 1 serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
2. Snickers Slice
This delicious slice tastes even better than the real thing (and is good for you!) – plus it uses mostly store cupboard ingredients.
3. Raw Lemon And Coconut Slice
At only 188 calories per slice, how could you possibly not try it? It’s the perfect dessert to knock a sweet craving on the head.
Ingredients (Makes 8 servings)
- 3/4 cup pitted, dried dates (120 grams)
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted (160 mls)
- 2/3 cup lemon juice (160 mls)
- 4 tsp lemon zest (16 grams)
- 2/3 cup cashew nuts, unsalted, chopped (80 grams)
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 10 minutes to soften, then drain. Line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Press mixture into prepared tray, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Slice into 8 pieces, one piece is one serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
4. Easy Chocolate Slice
Another great recipe that you probably already have all of the ingredients for in the pantry. The kids will love helping you make (and eat) this one.
Ingredients (Makes 12 servings)
- 3/4 cup cashew nuts, unsalted (90 grams)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (50 grams)
- 2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder (16 grams)
- 2 tsp coconut oil (10 mls)
- 2 medjool dates, fresh, pitted (30 grams)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mls)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (15 mls)
- Line a 20cm x 20cm tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Place cashews in a blender or food processor and quickly blitz until broken into smaller pieces. Add remaining ingredients and blitz until well combined.
- Spoon evenly into prepared tray and place into the fridge or freezer to set.
- Once set remove from tray and cut into 12 pieces. 1 piece is 1 serve.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.