These crunchy coconut & macadamia bites are a cinch to prepare.
The kids will love tucking into these with your for a sweet afternoon tea.
It’s so much better to prepare your own healthy snacks rather than relying on packaged food which tends to contain more fat, sugar, salt and calories. These little bites are just 81 calories each and can be enjoyed as a healthy snack on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 1 cup Corn Flakes (25g)
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts (40g)
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut (40g)
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup or honey (125ml)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted (15ml)
- Preheat oven to 170C / gas mark 3.
- Tip Corn Flakes into a bowl then using your hands, roughly break them up.
- Roughly chop macadamia nuts and add to bowl.
- Add coconut to the mixture and set aside.
- Heat rice malt syrup and coconut oil over low heat then pour over dry mixture.
- Mix well to combine, then spoon into 10 small silicone moulds.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool COMPLETELY, then remove from casing.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry.
Recipe makes 10 at 81 calories each.