Detoxing recipes you MUST try!
The following is an outline of just some of the delicious food you can enjoy when on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and these are specific detox recipes!
And we promise – not a boring dressing-free green salad in sight!
Breakfast: Gluten-free Granola
290 calories per serve
This recipe serves 6 and so make a big batch to ensure you have a healthy breakfast done for the whole week.
With seeds, nuts, coconut and puffed rice, it’s delicious as well as super filling. All that fibre is great for your digestive system, to get things moving in the morning.
Morning Tea: Pecan Nut Fudge
This incredible 5 ingredient recipe makes a huge 20 serves, so make a batch and have your morning tea sorted for the week. The kids will love tucking into this one too.
The good fat from the coconut oil is very satiating, meaning you’ll be less likely to overeat later on. And ZERO added white sugar means it’s better for you. Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to access the recipe.
Lunch: Zucchini and Bacon Slice
353 calories per serve
Get the kids to help out with this recipe, as it needs you to grate some veggies (either with a hand held grater or a food processor).
Three different veggies, six eggs and some yogurt means it’s filling without being heavy – perfect for a light lunch when you are trying to lose weight on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Afternoon Tea: Carrot, Parmesan and Cashew Dip
121 calories per serve
We love recipes that you can make in advance to enjoy later, and this one makes 3 hearty serves of dip to enjoy for 3 afternoon teas next week.
Keep the chopped veggies in the fridge too so you can just grab and go.
Dinner: Chicken Boscaiola
450 calories per serve
Bet you didn’t think you’d see Boscaiola on a detox or weight loss menu! But with a few tweaks, a healthy version can be yours in only 20 minutes.
In this recipe we’ve replaced the pasta with steamed vegetables to reduce the amount of carbs you’re eating.
Dessert: Two Minute Chocolate Cake
256 calories per serve
Here’s a fab recipe for 2 so it’s perfect to share with someone special after dinner. It’s quick, easy and delicious. Cacao is high in nutrients such as magnesium and potassium.
It also helps stimulate serotonin production in the brain. This chemical regulates your mood and helps suppresses your appetite, meaning you’ll consume less calories in the long run.
Today we are giving away a sneak peek of this recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, so that you can try it out for yourself. This recipe serves 2.
- 2 tbsp butter (32 grams)
- 2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder (16 grams)
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour (5 grams)
- 2 tbsp ground almonds (24 grams)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2.5 mls)
- 2 tsp Natvia (available from Tesco) (8 grams)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (1.3 grams)
- 1 free-range egg (50 grams)
- Melt butter in a microwaveable bowl for around 35 seconds.
- In a separate bowl add cocoa/cacao powder, coconut flour, almond meal, vanilla extract, Natvia and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Whisk egg and combine with melted butter then pour into dry ingredients and mix to form a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased microwavable dish and microwave on high for 90 seconds. Check if cake has set, if not, continue to cook for 10 seconds at a time, until cooked through.
- Tip cake out onto a plate, cut in half. One half is one serve.
- Sprinkle with some shredded coconut to serve if you like.
- Recipe serves 2.
If you wish to make 2018 your best year yet and tackle your health and weight join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. With over 4,000 recipes, 350 fat burning exercises and 24/7 support The Healthy Mummy can help YOU hit your goal weight faster and healthier.
Each month is a NEW Challenge theme with new recipes, meal plans and exercises – which means you will never get bored. Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today!