If Thai or Chinese food is a family favourite at your house, you’ll be pleased to know how easy it is to recreate at home thanks to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
And unlike a lot of take away noodles and stir fries which can be quite oily and sweet, these delicious noodles contain minimal oil and no added sugar.
The best part is that it’s really simple to make and comes directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 100 grams soba noodles (or any noodles of choice)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (15 mls)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (6 grams)
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced (8 grams)
- 200 grams chicken breast fillets
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (64 grams)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, salt reduced (15 mls)
- 4 cups baby leaf spinach (120 grams)
- 4 spring onions, chopped (60 grams)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (16 grams)
- Prepare soba noodles according to packet directions.
- Heat the sesame oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Slice the chicken and add to the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes to brown on all sides. Add the peanut butter and soy sauce and stir to combine. Add a little water to make a sauce that coats the chicken. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add drained noodles to the pan and toss to combine all ingredients.
- Place baby leaf spinach in a serving bowl and top with chicken and soba noodles. Sprinkle the spring onions and sesame seeds on top to serve.
Recipe serves 4 at 342 calories per serve
Want access to more healthy recipes?
Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. With over 4,000 recipes, 350 fat burning exercises and 24/7 support, The Healthy Mummy can help YOU hit your goal weight faster.
Our Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- New CHALLENGE THEME each month – so you’ll NEVER get bored
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!