This healthy and delicious version of a Mexican Style Lasagne is ideal when following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Try serving it with light sour cream, or a simple guacamole of avocado mashed up with lemon/lime juice and salt and pepper.
On the side you could serve a colourful salad of iceberg lettuce, diced tomato, diced red onion, diced red and yellow capsicum, grated carrot and cucumber.
This is a great recipe for a dinner party – and your guests don’t need to know it’s healthy!
- 400 g premium beef mince
- 410 g can of salt reduced red kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 400 g can salt reduced diced tomatoes
- 35 g sachet salt reduced taco seasoning
- 5 wholegrain wraps/tortillas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat your oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion for a couple of minutes, then add 1 tbsp water (this takes away the need for any added oil) and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, and water has evaporated.
- Increase the heat to high and add the mince.
- Cook, stirring, until there are no lumps and mince is brown.
- Add grated carrot, chopped peppers, red kidney beans, diced tomatoes and taco seasoning. Stir and then simmer for 10-15 minutes until mixture has thickened.
- Lightly spray an oven safe dish with cooking spray.
- Layer the dish with 2 x tortillas, then half of the meat mixture, 1 x tortilla, the remaining meat mixture, 2 more tortillas, then sour cream. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe serves 4 at 575 calories per serve.
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails: