Starting the day with a good breakfast is imperative when you’re trying to lose weight on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
If you start the day badly (by skipping breakfast or eating sugary cereals) it can have a knock on effect for the day.
This delicious gluten free granola is a recipe that comes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and you’ll quickly see why it’s so popular.
This healthy breakfast is packed with nutrients and has NO added white sugar (unlike many of the shop bought varieties).
As this recipe serves 6, prepare it ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge, that way you’ll have an easy and nutritious breakfast to enjoy throughout the week.
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat seeds (90 grams)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (100 grams)
- 1/4 cup black or white sesame seeds (45 grams)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (80 grams)
- 1 cup puffed rice (available from health food shops) (25 grams)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), roasted (90 grams)
- 4 tsp coconut oil, melted (20 mls)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mls)
- 1 tsp salt (1 grams)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (45 mls)
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom (0.3 grams)
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (0.3 grams)
- 1 & 1/2 cups reduced-fat milk of choice (375 mls)
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- Combine all the ingredients, excluding the milk, in a large bowl and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a large baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes, then every 5 minutes until golden. Granola will crisp as it cools.
- Cool completely on tray before placing in an airtight container in the pantry to store.
- This recipe makes 6 serves, 1 serve is 60g (approximately 2/3 cup) of granola with 1⁄4 cup of milk.
Recipe serves 6 at 290 calories per serve
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.