Nothing says ‘festive’ quite like a fruit cake! And while traditional recipes aren’t always the healthiest, we’ve got you covered with a completely delicious, nutritionally balanced option.
Packed with juicy fruit, cranberries and those spices we all love to use at this time of year, this Healthy Christmas Fruit Cake can be in the oven in less than 15 minutes (not including soaking time). WINNING!
And with just four main ingredients, you’ll have no trouble throwing this together in time for Christmas.
Healthy Christmas Fruit Cake
Ingredients (serves 15)
- 1kg dried mixed fruit
- 2 cups cranberry juice (500 mls)
- 1 tbsp butter (16 grams)
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour (240 grams)
- 1.5 tsp mixed spice (1.5 grams)
- In a large mixing bowl, add dried fruit and pour over cranberry juice. Mix well to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in the fridge to soak overnight.
- When ready to prepare the cake, preheat oven to 150C/gas mark 3
- Grease a 25cm round springform pan with butter and set aside.
- Remove fruit from refrigerator and mix in flour and spices. Mix to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 90 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Cover with foil and allow and cake to cool completely in the pan.
- Once cooled, remove from pan and decorate with fresh or dried fruit, nuts etc
- Slice into 15 pieces. One piece is one serve. Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.
267 calories per slice
Want more healthy festive season recipes? Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
With over 4,000 recipes, 350 fat burning exercises and 24/7 support, The Healthy Mummy can help YOU hit your goal weight faster.
Our Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- New CHALLENGE THEME each month – so you’ll NEVER get bored
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today!