When it comes to mince pies, we don’t *mince* our words when we say ‘we love em!’
So if you want to enjoy a healthier version of this festive treat, look no further than this recipe.
This healthy fruit mince pie recipe is refined sugar-free! The recipe list might be long but don’t let that fool you, it’s very simple and easy to make.
Refined sugar-free mince pies
- 500g apple, peeled and chopped
- 250g sultanas
- 110g dried cranberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 500ml water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 175g rolled oats
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 70g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp cold coconut oil (30ml)
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup (30ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5ml)
- 2 tbsp water (30ml)
- To make the mince filling place all ingredients into a pot, bring to the boil and allow to simmer until apples are soft, cranberries and sultanas are plump and mixture becomes thick. Add more water if need be.
- Set aside to cool while you prepare the pie cases
- Line your muffin tray with baking paper or grease lightly. Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- To make the pie cases combine the dry ingredients in a bowl or food processor and mix.
- Add in coconut oil, honey, vanilla and water and combine until smooth, and mixture sticks together. Add more water if mixture is still too dry to stick together
- When mixture sticks together squeeze any excess water out, wrap in cling film and leave in fridge for 40 minutes. Do not leave it any longer or it will dry out.
- Once the mixture has had time to chill, roll mixture out between two sheets of baking paper and cut with a cookie cutter to be slightly larger than your muffin tray
- Place the cut mixture into each hole and fill with the cooled fruit mince filling and top with small cuts of the oat mixture.
- Bake in oven until brown and allow to cool for 5 mins in tray before placing on a cooling rack. Serve warm and enjoy!
200 calories per mince pie
Want access to more healthy recipes?
Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. With over 4,000 recipes, 350 fat burning exercises and 24/7 support, The Healthy Mummy can help YOU hit your goal weight faster.
Our Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- New CHALLENGE THEME each month – so you’ll NEVER get bored
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today!