Hands up if you love the chocolate caramel biscuit combination in a Twix bar?
Keep your hands up if you want to enjoy a healthier version that you can make yourself from store cupboard ingredients?
Today we have this fabulous Twix Bar recipe sent in by one of our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge members, Erin McCrae.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge you can still enjoy a treat while you lose weight. The whole family will enjoy this healthy snack – why not make some today?
- 1.5 cups wholemeal self raising flour (180g)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut (25g)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (50g)
- 50 grams melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (5ml)
- 1 cup dried dates softened in hot water for 10 mins (170g)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (15ml)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (15ml)
- 50 grams dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted (15ml)
- Mix all base ingredients together. Add water if needed to bind it together properly. Press down firmly in a lined baking tray.
- Bake at 180C / gas mark 4, for 15-20 mins until golden.
- Drain water from the dates. Blitz all caramel ingredients together until smooth in a food processor. Smooth over the top of the cookie base once it has cooled.
- Melt dark chocolate and mix in the coconut oil. Drizzle or smooth over the top of the caramel layer.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to set.
- Slice into 20 bars and then keep in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Recipes serves 20 at 100 calories per serve.