Treat yourself and the kids to a sweet snack with these simple and healthy mango fruit straps.
Unlike the similar product from the supermarket which contain a very long list of strange ingredients, these are made with real fruit and are not full of white sugar.
The kids will get a kick out of these, and you can make them with any other fruit you have to hand. Think pear, strawberry, or raspberry.
Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for more delicious recipes using in-season mangoes. Members can access recipes such as Chicken, Mango and Pine Nut Salad, Frozen Mango and Coconut Bark, or Mango and Banana Parfait.
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced (600g before peeling and de-seeding)
- 1 tsp Natvia (4g), available from Tesco (optional, for extra sweetness)
- Blend the two ingredients together until the mango flesh is pureed, then pour onto a baking paper lined tray so it’s just a thin layer.
- Place into the oven on the lowest possible setting (around 60°C) for about 1-2hrs depending on your oven. Check it occasionally and when it’s all dried out remove from oven and let cool just enough to handle.
- Carefully peel away the baking paper and cut into 6 portions with a sharp knife.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Recipe makes 6 fruit straps at 38 calories each.
Want more healthy recipes like this?
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge– it’s an affordable, customisable program designed to help mums reach their weight loss goals and improve their health.
Our Challenge entails:
- Hundreds of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.