This raspberry coconut slice is amazing for morning or afternoon tea, as part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
It’s so yummy and the kids will love to help you prepare it.
It just needs you to use the healthy jam recipe for Chia Raspberry Jam, rather than using sugar-filled jam from the supermarket.
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 1 ½ cups oats
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar, more or less depending on how sweet you like it
- dash of salt
- ⅔ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 large lightly beaten egg
- 2 tbsp honey
- ⅔ cup shredded coconut
- The Healthy Mummy Chia Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 18C / gas mark 4, and line a 20 x 20 cm tray with baking paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a ball thoroughly, leaving coconut and jam aside.
- Put 2/3 of the mixture into the baking tray and press down firmly.
- Top with a layer of the jam. I used just over a cup, but can be more or less depending on taste.
- With the remaining 1/3 of the mixture, mix the coconut through with a spoon or your hands. Pour evenly over the top of the slice and then press down with a spoon to help it hold together.
- Bake in the oven for approx 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Leave to cool, then refrigerate in an airtight container.
This recipe makes 16 squares at 180 calories per serve.