For an after dinner treat or simply a midday pick me up, this double chocolate peppermint slice is the perfect go-to snack and it’s vegan-friendly!
Packed full of natural antioxidants from the organic cacao powder which is also the highest plant based source of iron to help give those energy levels a boost.
We love recipes like this from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge that make it easy for mums to have delicious healthy treats in no time.
Why not add this to your meal plan for next week?
Raw double chocolate peppermint slice
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (60 grams)
- 1/2 cup cashews (60 grams)
- 3/4 cup boiling water (200 mls)
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (85 grams)
- 2 tbsp cocoa/cacao powder (12 grams)
- 1/2 tsp natural peppermint extract (2.5 mls)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted (188 mls)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (12 grams)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (62.5 mls)
- Soak cashews and dates in boiling water for 15 minuets.
- Pour dates, cashews and water into food processor add coconut flour and cacao.
- Blitz on high for 20 second or until combined
- Spread mixture across the base of a lined 20x30cm slice tray.
- Place in freezer to cool.
Whisk remaining ingredients together in small bowl and pour on top of chilled base.
Place in refrigerator for 2 hours before slicing or in freezer for 30 minutes before slicing.
Store in air tight container in refrigerator for up to 7 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
More on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like these? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.