Lasagne is often a family favourite and this recipe offers a vegetarian and pasta free option. This recipe is a sneak peek from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Prepare this in a large batch ahead of time to enjoy for dinner or to have as a nutritious and satisfying ‘heat and eat’ single serve lunch.
Just six main ingredients is all you need for this recipe, so why not add it to your meal plan for next week?
- 240 grams frozen spinach
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat Greek natural yogurt
- 8 free-range eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes
- cooking oil spray
- 400 grams tinned tomatoes
- 2/3 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4. Defrost spinach and squeeze of excess water, chop.
- In a bowl combine the yogurt, eggs and cinnamon, season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Add spinach and stir to combine.
- Slice (no need to peel) the sweet potato into thin rounds.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking oil.
- Spoon 1/2 of the tinned tomatoes into the bottom of the dish. Layer with 1/2 of the sweet potato slices and top with half the yogurt and spinach mixture. Add another layer of tomatoes and sweet potato and top with remaining yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Cover the baking dish loosely with foil (don’t let it touch the shredded cheese on top) and place the dish in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes then remove the foil for a final 15 minutes of baking.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.