When 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Rebecca Garofoletti shared the photo of her gluten free (and no added white sugar free) sweet potato brownies that she made from her own recipe, more than 200 people liked it and many asked for the recipe, so here it is!
Rebecca says, ‘Because you know I have nothing better to do on a Sunday night than reorganise my freezer, I found a huge stash of mashed sweet potato in there from a few months ago when my son was still letting me spoon feed him.
Now he eats finger foods only and I need the freezer space so what do I do, I make sweet potato brownies. Total experiment of my own recipe but they turned out amazing.
They are vegan, gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free and super fudgy and my hubby loved them!’
Sugar free sweet potato brownies with chocolate icing
- 500 grams cooked sweet potato
- 1 cup pitted, dried dates soaked in boiling water for 20 mins (170g)
- 4 tbsp honey (60 mls)
- 100 grams ground almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted (30 mls)
- 1 pinch salt
- 40 grams coconut flour
- 6 tbsp raw cacao powder (48g)
- 40 grams 70% dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil (5ml)
- Cut sweet potato into cubes and steam until soft. Preheat oven to 180C/gas mark 4 and line a square tin with baking paper.
- Soak dates in boiling water for 20 minutes or until softened. Drain and add to food processor.
- Once sweet potato has cooked and slightly cooled add to food processor with dates and blend until well combined.
- Add in honey, ground almonds, coconut oil, salt, coconut flour, cacao powder and blend until well combined.
- Spread mixture into the pan and bake for 45 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
- Set brownie aside to cool completely and make icing.
- Melt dark chocolate and combine with coconut oil and pour over cooled brownie. Cut into 16 pieces.
Recipe makes 16 brownies at 166 calories per serve
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.