Pink has opened up in her latest album, Hurts 2B Human, about the pain she felt after having a miscarriage.
One of her songs from the new release contains lyrics, “Since I was 17, I’ve always hated my body / and it feels like my body’s hated me”.
In fact, the 39-year-old singer reveals she was talking about losing a baby at that age.
Pink opens up about the pain she felt after having a miscarriage
Speaking with USA Today, Pink said: “The reason I said (that) is because I’ve always had this very tomboy, very strong gymnast body, but actually at 17 I had a miscarriage.
“And I was going to have that child. But when that happens to a woman or a young girl, you feel like your body hates you and like your body is broken, and it’s not doing what it’s supposed to do.”
View this post on Instagram
The Who Knew singer is now mum to Willow, seven, and Jameson, two, with her husband Carey Hart.
“I’ve had several miscarriages since,” reveals Pink, but she credits her husband for his support. “He’s the biggest part of my village.”
Dealing with miscarriage
One in four women loses a baby during pregnancy or birth.
Losing a baby is a difficult time in a pregnancy journey. Women and their partners need time to grieve. There is no time constraint on grieving and everyone has different coping strategies to deal with this sad time in their lives.
Support is provided for anyone for any circumstance that involves the loss of a pregnancy or a child. This includes miscarriage, stillbirth and having to terminate a pregnancy due to medical and genetic illnesses.
Try our Healthy Mummy Smoothies
As we all know, being a mum can be exhausting which can leave us too tired to eat the right foods and get the right nutrition in our diets. This is where The Healthy Mummy Smoothie can help.
How can Healthy Mummy Smoothies benefit you?
- Healthy Mummy Smoothies are an excellent source of essential vitamins, minerals, nutrients & important antioxidants
- Don’t contain weight loss accelerants, caffeine, gluten and are just 1% dairy. They are also a non-Genetically Modified product.
- Can help with weight management when used as part of a diet and exercise plan
- Provide the best possible nutrition for energy
- Breastfeeding-safe and are designed to help to support milk supply
- They have no added sugar, and contain the good fats omega 3 and 6.
- Low GI & high fibre which helps you feel fuller for longer and aids digestion
- Quick and easy to prepare and taste delicious
- High in protein & lower in sugar than any other product on the market