28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Melissa Timmer is a mum of 2. Melissa says she has always been on a roller coaster ride with her weight for pretty much her whole life, until now!
She has lost 5.9st and has maintained this for over 1 year now with the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Melissa shares her story and her tips for toning that booty!
But first we speak to Melissa about how she started her weight loss journey.
Melissa’s weight loss transformation
“After my son I gained 3.2st and went on a stupid diet and lost it all, but only to gain 6.4st back 2 years later!
After my daughter I was officially at my heaviest (16.11st), while scrolling through healthy ways to lose weight while breastfeeding I found The Healthy Mummy.
I was loving the recipes and experimented with all these new things I was learning. I learned that I could still enjoy life and eat yummy foods that were made with ingredients I didn’t even know existed.
I had no idea that you could make certain recipes that I loved eating but in a healthier version, for example choc chip muffins.
I managed to lose 5.9st and I have maintained it for over 1 year now, the scales have started going down even more now. I’m almost at my new goal weight as my original goal weight was 11.4st and I’ve gone past that.”
How Melissa’s life has changed
“Never in my life did I think I would be confident enough to wear swimmers.
This is the best I have felt ever, and for everyone that said after kids it wouldn’t be possible, what a load of rubbish, anything is possible if you set your mind to it!” Melissa said.
Melissa’s top 5 booty toning tips
- Focus on building muscle. Try to include protein in all of your meals and snacks.
- Fuel your body with the right foods and protein for your muscles to grow and recover. Variety is key. The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has so many options that you will never be bored!
- Squats! Aim for at least 100 a day and gradually build up your numbers each week.
- Kick backs are an awesome exercise, add some resistance bands for a better burn.
- Lunges. Lunge kicks, lunge jumps, lunge holds, adding weights to your hands or a bar on your shoulders will help build and tone muscle. Use the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge exercises to help. If it doesn’t challenge you it won’t change you!
Join Melissa on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
With more than 4,000 delicious (and healthy) recipes, 350 exercises & 24/7 support – the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is designed (and proven) to help busy mums like you lose weight!