This showstopping chocolate cake recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is not only gluten free and sugar free but it also contains healthy chickpeas.
Chickpeas are full of protein and fibre which keep you fuller for longer and contain lots of vitamins and minerals.
Why not whip up this cake to treat family and friends? It’s just 120 calories per serve (so it’s great when you’re on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge) and you only need FIVE ingredients.
- 285g dark chocolate chips
- 600g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 eggs (200g)
- 1/2 cup Natvia (available from Tesco), plus extra for dusting (96g)
- 1 pinch baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Blend the chickpeas and eggs in a blender until smooth. Add the Natvia and baking soda and pulse a couple of times.
- Pour the chickpea mixture into a large bowl, add the melted chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and lined cake tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then turn out of the tin, dust with extra Natvia and serve.
Recipe makes 8 serves at 120 calories per serve
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.