Weight loss doesn’t mean spending lots of money on expensive, health food ingredients!
In fact Chloe has HALVED the money she spends on groceries, changed her and her family’s eating habits and lost an incredible 6.4st. Read how she did it here!
Chloe’s on a budget mission!
When I began my Healthy Mummy journey I was incredibly overwhelmed. I had a toddler and newborn, we were doing everything to reign in our budget.
As a young family on a single income things were tight. I saved enough to join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and couldn’t believe just how much money we saved on groceries! The Challenge well and truly paid for itself week after week.
I have managed to lose 6.4st, all while eating the delicious food like I have made today!
I set out this weekend with a mission, I wanted to see how many meals I could prepare on a budget. I sat down and planned the meals I would cook using The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Challenge App.
I selected meals with similar ingredients meaning I could purchase items in bulk, cutting down the costs of my overall shop.
I had a handful of the staple items already in my cupboard but I had to purchase majority of the items needed. We leave to go camping in a little over a week, the lead up is always a little chaotic as is the homecoming.
No longer do we have an excuse to grab takeaway on the nights that get away from us, we have plenty of Healthy Mummy meals stocked in the freezer.
We are also a gluten free household, so some of the ingredients I used will cost a little more than the average household, so this could definitely be done slightly cheaper!
What Chloe made:
I made a total of 39 dinners and 30 snacks.
- 6 Serves Mexican Mince (Will be used for Tacos, Quesadillas & on Baked Potato)- find this recipe on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Recipe Hub.
- 9 serves Hidden Veggie Spaghetti Bolognese with pasta – find this recipe on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Recipe Hub.
- 8 serves Sausage Pasta Bake.
- 5 serves Devilled Sausages.
- 5 serves Porcupine Meatballs with Green Veggies.
- 2 serves Porcupine Meatballs alone.
- 18 serves Bounty Bites (in slice form) find this recipe on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Recipe Hub.
- 22 serves Choc Dipped Apricots – find this recipe on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Recipe Hub.
Way to go Chlo!
Way to go Chlo! That is truly, truly, incredible.
Chloe’s weight loss transformation
I knew that I needed to change our lifestyle for the better, I had 2 babies in 18 months, gaining a considerable amount of weight with both and I was already beginning to suffer health issues because of my weight.
I was 22 years old weighing in at 18.12st.
With the help of the Healthy Mummy and the Healthy Mummy smoothies, I lost 6.4st in 15 months.
Never in my wildest dreams did I think losing such a large amount of weight, while feeding my bub and exercising, would be possible.
To support your weight loss, The Healthy Mummy also has a range of delicious and good-for-you smoothies!
Our smoothie range offers an excellent source of essential vitamins, minerals, nutrients & important antioxidants. It is also a non Genetically Modified product!
Inspired by Chloe?
If you are interested in kickstarting your weight loss and want to improve your energy – not to mention – improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click on the link.