Healthy Mummy mum-of-2 Sophie Roberts is an INSPIRATION to us all. Losing 3 stone in 12 months by following The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meal plans and enjoying a delicious Healthy Mummy Smoothie each morning.
She says “The Healthy Mummy has honestly changed my life and helped me achieve my dreams!” Sophie shares her tips for weight loss success below.
Obese for the majority of her life
Weight has been an issue for Sophie for most of her adult life. She says “I have been obese for most of my life.
I’ve tried more diets than I can list, always resulting in a small loss, followed by me falling off the wagon in a spectacular style and regaining the weight, plus some”.
When Sophie’s son was born in 2015, she weighed 17 st 4lbs.
She says “Finally something clicked and I was ready to make a change!
I started with some calorie counting and exercise and I started losing weight.
Sophie got her weight down to around 12.5 stone and was proud of her efforts but she says she began to lose focus and didn’t push on to reach her goals.
Then after having her daughter in 2018 Sophie’s weight was back up to 14st 7lb.
Joining The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
When her daughter was just 6 weeks old Sophie signed up to The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Weight loss results – 3 stone in 12 months
She says “Combined with my own weight loss efforts before I found The Healthy Mummy, I have lost a total of 6.7 stone and for the first time in my life, I’m a healthy BMI!”
Sophie says “On the left is a Mum-of-1, who emotionally ate, binged on junk, who had no energy or motivation, who struggled up the stairs to her apartment.
One the right is a Mum-of-2, who makes time for exercise, who makes nutrition a priority, who loves herself and her family enough to make good decisions for health. She is a Healthy Mummy”.
“I’m the healthiest and happiest I have ever been”
“The Healthy Mummy has given me so much. But the thing I love most is the confidence!
This program has EMPOWERED me to love myself enough to put mine and my family’s health first!
I am the healthiest and happiest I have ever been!”.
Sophie’s top tips for weight loss success are:
- Sticking to the correct calories. Even if I want something cheeky that’s not on my meal plan, if I can fit it into my calories, I’ll treat myself. That way I don’t feel like I’m being restricted or missing out.
- Consistency, every day, every week. I track everything I put in my mouth. It’s a new way of life. Having good habits helps you ride through the times that you’re feeling unmotivated. It’s impossible to feel motivated every single day. But if you have the habits, you go through the motions until that motivation comes back.
- Planning. I spend 20 minutes each week customising my meal plan and writing up my shopping list. Then grocery shop on Sunday and do some snack prep ready for the week. If the good food is already there, there’s less excuse to fall off track.
If I can do it, anyone can!
Favourite meals and snacks
During the past 12 months Sophie has turned to hand to meal prepping. Some of her favourite Healthy Mummy snacks to prep in advance include Weetabix Slice, Choc Chip Banana Bread and Choc Mint Bubble Crunch from the recipe hub.
Sophie says “Mums often ask me if they can really lose weight while eating sweet snacks. And the answer is YES!
The Healthy Mummy plan does not restrict you from any food groups. You simply learn to make healthier versions of your favourite meals.
This is why The Healthy Mummy works. Because you and your family get to enjoy real food, in a healthy way!”
The Healthy Mummy Mexican Lasagne is also a huge hit in Sophie’s house. She says “Seriously who doesn’t love Lasagne AND Mexican food?”.
MEAL PREP TIP – for fussy kids!
Sophie says “If your family is fussy about some ingredients (mine won’t eat kidney beans!) blitz them up before you add them. What they can see won’t hurt them!”.
How my life has changed since becoming a Healthy Mummy
- Going from obese most of my life, to having a HEALTHY BMI.
- Being able to shop in any store and knowing the clothes will FIT.
- No longer hiding or using ridiculous angles in photos. Now WANTING to be in photos with my kids!
- Wanting to fuel my body with nutritious food every day.
- Loving exercise, because it makes me feel good.
- Enjoying running around with my kids.
- Finding the CONFIDENCE to share my story and pictures in the hope of inspiring other mums.
- Loving COOKING and trying new recipes.
“The Healthy Mummy has honestly changed my life. I feel in control, it has been slow, steady and consistent weight loss. A new lifestyle!
The Challenge recipes and my daily smoothie got me to the place I always dreamed of being.
It has helped me achieve my dreams! Reach my goals! And given me hope for a bright and healthy future”.
The Healthy Mummy team would like to congratulate Sophie on her weight loss success and for living her best and healthiest life. Well done Sophie!
Want to get in the best shape of your life? Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge TODAY!
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.