The festive season is often full of temptation everywhere, it can be frustrating and so easy to lose track of your goals and maintain that weight loss. Never fear! The Healthy Mummy has your back! Here are some great tips from REAL mums to help you stay on track this Christmas.
6 Healthy Mummy mums share their best tips for staying on track over Christmas
Elizabeth is a mum of 1 from Woking. She has gone from a size 16/18 to a size 12 with The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Elizbeth tips for staying on track over Christmas:
- Plan and prep as much as you can. If you can know your schedule over Christmas it will help with planning what you will be eating. Then prep ready for those times.
- Exercise! Even if you can only manage 5-10 minutes, do it. All those Christmas films or programs, get up in the ad break and do some squats/jumping jacks!
- Drink water/herbal tea whenever you can. We know other drinks make more of an appearance at this time so make sure you are fully prepared with those water bottles!
- Don’t beat yourself up. We know there is more temptation around. More time at other people’s houses/restaurants, where you can’t control what is there. But make the healthiest choices you can. Have that chocolate, have that drink BUT don’t overindulge. Think before and mentally prepare yourself for what might be.
- Have a great Christmas with family and friends. Enjoy this time and don’t forget to check the app for ideas and recipes. No doubt you will find a healthier version of what you are wanting!
Sarah, is a mum of 3 from Yorkshire, she has lost a stone with The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Sarah tips for staying on track over Christmas:
- Plan and prep! Having healthy meals and snacks on hand helps stop you from reaching for the unhealthy options.
- Do NOT skip meals! It is really easy to think if I miss my breakfast I can purge on calories later on. The Healthy Mummy Smoothies are brilliant to make sure you do not miss meals!
- If you are eating out why not bring along a plate? That way you are sharing delicious Healthy Mummy meals with family and friends but you are also able to make healthy choices whilst you are out!
- Healthy choices. Just because its Christmas doesn’t mean you have to miss out on delicious healthy snacks! There are delicious recipes for all your festive favourites in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app. Mince pies and Christmas cakes are NOT off the menu!
- Take the opportunity to get outdoors! Just because the weather has turned colder doesn’t mean to say you have to miss out on the workouts!”
Mum of two Paula from the Yorkshire Dales has lost over 2.5 stone with the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.